She’s our one year old Puggle that brings a whole new distraction to our every-day homeschooling! Puggles are super friendly small size dogs with big hearts and an ever present need to sniff! We adopted her as a puppy after her first owner decided they could not keep another dog and were planning to drop her off at an animal shelter. She gives an opportunity for all of us to learn lessons in patience, responsibility, and self denial.
Pasta with broccoli and parmesan
1/2 lb. of elbow macaroni (or pasta of your choice), uncooked
2 cups broccoli florets and top part of stem, chopped small
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 TBL. butter
1. Boil pasta according to package directions, 3 minutes before its done, add broccoli to the pot.
2. Drain pasta and broccoli but reserve 1/3 cup pasta cooking water!
3. Place pasta and broccoli back into pot and add in butter, parmesan, and reserved water.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I often add in some garlic power to taste here too)
You can easily double this recipe and you can substitute the broccoli for your favorite finely chopped vegetable (spinach, peas, mushrooms, etc…), adjusting the time when you add it to the boiling pot of pasta in order for it to cook to your liking.
You can download the Yes, Pa – Lessons in Character curriculum for free right here:
I’m having difficulty finding time to blog along with all the other things we homeschooling mommies have to do! Homekeeping along with Homeschooling is quite the balancing act!
I’m really excited about finishing up our school year in about a month or so (Jordan and Jesse have finished some subjects already) and having a bit more free time to tackle all my house projects on the back burner as well as return to blogging. With the HSB upgrade right around the corner, I’m thinking our wonderful community here will be a buzz and it sure will be fun linking up with many new like minded moms. =)
Subscribe to The Old Schoolhouse™ Magazine for only $7.95!
Homeschooling is a Labor of Love, and the Old Schoolhouse™ Magazine is celebrating your hard work as a parent by putting their one-year print subscriptions on sale! For a very limited time, you can subscribe or renew for $7.95! (US only)
You can buy a gift sub for friends too! To gift a subscription:
1. Go to the one-year subscription page (US only)
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Enter the name, address, email, and phone information for each recipient
4. click "Add this to my cart".
5. The information will display in your cart and simply proceed to check out.
There are only 2000 of these available, and they are going quickly! Your subscription begins with their Fall Issue.
If you live in an international location, you can subscribe to their digital edition for only $7.95! It’s the same great content as their print magazine, except it is instant and interactive!
Sharing our annual tradition of making gingerbread houses along with many of our church family…
"Building the Houses’~